Friday, March 7, 2008

Silhouettes

I was playing with some flash units in the studio and thought I would try some silhouette shots. It ended up being a lot harder than I thought since the subject in the photo didn’t cover up the lights entirely and I was getting light flare in the image. Took a while to get one where he covered up the tripod and lights. The subject is actually one of my roommates and he was doing martial arts from the Muay Thai he is involved in.


He couldn’t go, but my other roommate and I headed out to the beach around sunset to get some shots with natural backlight to make a silhouette. We had only a few minute window to take the shots so we had to make sure we were set up. There are a lot of sand dunes out there so we climbed up one.


On the way back we noticed a funny sign. I think it’s pretty obvious that I won’t be playing with that particular wildlife. It might not end too well for me.


My roommate you see in the beach shot has a collection of funny signs he has seen around the city so I will try to get a copy of them.

No comments: