Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Pie

I work for a morning radio show for those that don’t know. Mostly it’s a news show with interviews, traffic reports, weather, etc. I write strange news stories all the time, but this one takes the cake, well, pie. I’m not gonna paste in the story, but basically blood donors in the county and the one south of us for the next couple weeks get a free Marie Calender’s pie.


They have done promotions in the past like coupons for pizza and the like, but a free whole pie is not bad. They even faxed the promotion announcement to the station in classic press release format all professional so I got a good chuckle out of it. I had to make sure I didn’t make the story sound silly on air, but since I donate blood regularly looks like I may get myself some apple pie this week. Yum yum.

No comments: