Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Ramuné

I read about this strange soda called Ramuné so I had to check it out. It’s a Japanese soda, but the strangest thing is the bottle that it comes in. On top it has a plastic wrapper that has a little plastic plunger looking thing. You then use that to push down a glass marble that is keeping the drink sealed.


The carbonation and gas is pushing against the glass marble from inside keeping it up against the top of the bottle until you push it down with the plunger. The actual bottle has a large cottle to keep the marble from falling down into the bottle once the marble has been pushed out of the way. It’s actually a really neat design.


If you have a market near you that sells Asian food, I highly suggest you take a look for Ramuné. If you only see the original, original is a lemon lime type flavor.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can also find it at BevMo in the soda section. My favorite flavor is Mango.

BevMo's soda selection is king! Especially if you're off the caffeine, like me.

Anonymous said...

they also have it at 99 cent market in irvine

jen said...

they also have it at 99 cent market in irvine

Jon de Plume said...

I haven't been to BevMo in quite a while. But then again I probably won't be driving a few hours to visit the 99 cent market in Irvine. I picked up the Ramuné at the Oriental Market on Monterey Street.