Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Literary quotes

There are so many books that I have read over the years, and a few of them have stuck with me in particular. Some because of the content, some of them because of the teachers in the classes in which they were taught, or others because of when I read them and what may have been going on in my life. Sometimes I can find a passage of a novel that sums it up, or gives a good idea of part of the novel.

Some of my favorite books are those written by the Brontë sisters, especially Emily and her book Wuthering Heights. The passage I like the most in that book is, “I have dreamed in my life, dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas; they have gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the color of my mind.”

So, what are your favorites? Do any of you like anything by the Brontë sisters as well? Leave some comments with your choices. Doesn’t seem like many people visit this blog yet, but maybe soon.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

My Antonia by Willa Cather
The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffeneger (sp?)
Stiff by Mary Roach

Just a few off the top of my head...

Soaking up the Sun said...

I realize this is a little late, but I just found your blog and I was reading through the archives.

The God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy

The Redemption of Altahlus by David and Leigh Eddings

Anything by Stephen King

Purple Hibiscus, by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

Nervous Conditions, by Tsitsi Dangarembga

These are just to name a few...I have a wide range of books that I love.