Thursday, May 7, 2009

Insanely Great Internet

I think the term High Speed Internet is a little too broad when describing connection speeds. I sit here in a Motel 6 room, where I probably will be staying for a few days, using what the hotel describes as “Broadband WiFi” and exclamation mark for good measure in the front office.


Unfortunately this is not the case. Upon checking, the speed is ranks up there with dial up. Now I realize that we have become spoiled with connections today, and maybe this was fast…10 years ago.

For that haven’t seen the 1995 film Hackers, you are missing out on some hilarious stuff, but when Phantom Phreak sees Acid Burn’s Macintosh he finds it holds the future of networking.

“Yo. Check this out guys, this is insanely great, it’s got a 28.8 BPS modem…I want it to have my children!”

And yes, that is Angelina Jolie in the blue.


No comments: