Saturday, March 28, 2009

Got your tickets to the gun show?

Some friends are going to a nearby gun show Sunday. They asked if I wanted to come, but I am not sure what to expect. I have gone trap shooting many time, as well as quite a bit of target shooting, but a gun show might be a little too much. I grew up in the Boy Scouts, and gun safety and events were common. By the time I got Eagle Scout I have no clue how many times guns came up.

Main reason I am unsure is I think the people that go to these events are probably scary, no offense to anyone reading. In looking at some information on what the vendors and events are one common theme emerged, knives and beef jerky.

I can understand knives at a gun show, but the importance placed on beef jerky is a little interesting. On road trips to Oregon to go salmon fishing we would commonly have some beef jerky in the car, Vienna sausages too, yummy!

I do not know if I would go to a gun show with the purpose of buying the stuff, or the gourmet supposedly available. I find beef jerky and gourmet to be opposite each other.

Maybe I will go for the fun of it, but if there is nothing but people running around with automatic weapons and bandoliers, I will probably be leaving early.

I know this guy too.

No comments: